30 October 2011

LIFE: Disaster a Cinqueterra


SARONNO, Italy - It broke my heart to see the scenes of the disastrous mud slides that hit Liguria and parts of Tuscany this weekend. Here are some of the photos from this morning's Corriere della Sera, starting with how Vernazza, one of the Cinqueterra, used to look Photos from Ansa. Photos are of other towns that were Nuf' said.  

Vernnazza -a UNESCO World Heritage Site.



 

 
 
 


Vernnazza today.
I've been trying to find information on how to donate to the victims of this disaster, but I'm not coming up with anything. If anyone finds something, would you please send it to me and I'll post it. In the meantime I'll keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phyllis,

    This morning I received an email from a man whom my husband and I rented a apartment from this summer in Vernazza. My heart breaks the think about all of the people that have been affected by it. Giacomo shared two links with me that I thought you may want to check out.

    http://www.ricksteves.com/news/travelnews/cinque-terre-floods.htm

    http://savevernazza.com/

    ReplyDelete